Safety steps for preparation of food outdoors:
- CLEAN your utensils and surfaces
- COOK to the proper temperature
- SEPARATE the raw meat from the cooked meat
- CHILL the meat that has yet to be cooked, and the leftover food
Always be prepared and bring:
- Items to keep the surface, utensils and hands clean
- Plenty of plates and cutting boards to keep raw and cooked meats separate
- A meat thermometer to ensure that it’s cooked to the proper temperature
When transporting food, ensure it is chilled properly in a cooler with plenty of ice and ice packs.
Use a separate cooler for cold drinks, so that the food cooler is kept closed.
We wish you safe & healthy grilling!