Introducing the brand new Littmann Classic III stethoscope from 3M Littmann. With the first major upgrade of the iconic Littmann stethoscope in 18 years, the NEW industry standard has arrived!
The Classic III stethoscope brings new design, materials, and technology to the Littmann stethoscope series that’s been used and trusted by millions of medical professionals worldwide for decades. With a two-sided chestpiece, dual tunable diaphragms, improved tubing, and much more, the Classic III stethoscope combines the best of new and traditional.
As with the Cardiology III, full adult and pediatric auscultation is available through its dual head chestpiece simply by rotating the central spline to alternate between the two sides. The more compact one piece diaphragm and rim assemblies have further increased acoustic sensitivity. The binaurals have been redesigned with larger diameter ear tubes and a thicker single lumen binaural to transfer sound more effectively. The selector spline is now recessed to allow a flush fit with the binaural tube and now features a visual indicator for easy identification of the operational diaphragm.
- NEW double-sided, dual diaphragm chestpiece for both adult and pediatric assessment.
- NEW: The pediatric side is also easily transformed into a traditional open bell by replacing the single-piece diaphragm with the supplied non-chill rim.
- NEW chestpiece is precision-machined into an aesthetically pleasing, less angular shape.
- NEW single-piece diaphragm instead of separate diaphragm/rim making it easier to attach and easier to clean due to the smooth unbroken surface.
- NEW: The stem features an open side indicator to easily identify which diaphragm is in operation.
- NEW next-generation tubing gives even longer tube life with improved resistance to skin oils, alcohol and staining.
- 3M’s ‘Tunable Technology’ lets you easily switch from low to high frequency sounds by switching from light to firm pressure on both the adult and pediatric sides of the chestpiece.
- High acoustic sensitivity when performing general physical assessment.
- Laser engraving of text and symbols to personalise your scope and avoid theft/loss.
- Larger ear tubes on the anatomically designed headset comfortably positioned for better sound transfer. Easy adjustment by simply squeezing or pulling apart the eartubes.
- Comfortable Snap-Tight soft seal eartips create an excellent acoustic seal to reduce ambient noise.
- No natural rubber latex or phthalate plasticisers are used in the tubing or any other component—to help protect health and the environment.
- Complement your personal style with Littmann’s large range of chestpiece finishes and tubing colors.
- Used as a diagnostic aid as part of the physical assessment of a patient.