Hand washing, when done correctly, is the single most effective way to prevent the spread of communicable diseases. Good hand washing technique is easy and can significantly reduce the spread of infectious diseases among both children and adults.
Follow these five simple steps to keeping hands clean :
- Wet your hands with warm running water.
- Add soap, and then rub your hands together, making a soapy lather. Do this away from the running water for at least 15 seconds, being careful not to wash the lather away. Wash the front and back of your hands, as well as between your fingers and under your nails.
- Rinse your hands well under warm running water.
- Pat hands dry with a paper towel.
- Turn off water using same paper towel and dispose in a proper receptacle.
Wash your hands frequently!